This is Adobong Baboy (Pork Adobo). Adobong Baboy is one of the most well known dishes in the Philippines. Even foreigners have come to love this particular dish. It is simple to make and only requires very few ingredients such as pork meat, vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, garlic and peppercorns. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 pounds of pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled then crushed
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3-5 pieces of bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup of water
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, marinate the pork along with crushed garlic, and soy sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the pork and marinade into the pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the vinegar.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Add the vinegar and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Now add salt to taste and add more water or soy sauce depending on your taste.
- Be careful not to overcook the pork so that it is still tender.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place it on a serving dish.
- Take the remaining sauce from the pan and serve it alongside the adobo.
Tips: I prefer my adobo dry so if you prefer your adobo that way, dry or less sauce, remove excess sauce and continue cooking until sauce reaches the amount you want it to be.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter