This is Adobong Isda (Fish Adobo). Adobong Isda is another variety of the popular Filipino dish, adobo. If you are craving seafood, you can make this simple, delicious fish adobo quickly and be enjoying it in no time. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 medium-sized fish, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1⁄4 cup of vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns
- 1 cup of water
- 4-5 pieces of bay leaf
- 1 red chili pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cooking oil and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the sugar according to your taste.
- Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn the fish over halfway through the cooking time.
- When the fish is thoroughly cooked and the sauce is has thickened remove it from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tips: Balance the adobo sauce according to your taste with water and sugar. Tanguige is a perfect type of fish to use in this recipe. Mackerel is another good option.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter