- 2 pounds of beef, chuck or sirloin, sliced or cubed
- 2-3 cups of beef stock
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of sweet peas
- 1/2 cup of liver spread
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to the pan and stir fry them until it turns light brown.
- Remove the carrots and potatoes from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, saute the garlic followed by onion.
- Add the beef and stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until the beef turns light brown.
- Add the dried bay leaves.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add the tomato sauce, cook for another minute, then add the beef broth.
- Reduce heat to low and let this simmer for 1-2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Mix in the liver spread.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the pot, cook for about 8 – 10 minutes or until both the meat and potatoes are tender.
- Then add the red and green bell peppers and sweet peas.
- Simmer for an additional 8 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Serve with white steamed rice.
Tips: You can pre-cook the potatoes in the microwave to cut down the overall cooking time. Put the quartered potatoes in a bowl, drizzle with a little oil, cover with a clear plastic wrap, and pre-cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.