This is Cathedral Windows Jelly. Cathedral Windows Jelly is a Filipino dessert normally made during Christmas. It is a simple mixture of different colored jelly squares inside a creamy jelly mold. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pack Lime flavored gelatin
- 1 pack Orange flavored gelatin
- 1 pack Strawberry flavored gelatin
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups boiling water
- 7 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup of water
- 1⁄2 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Dissolve each pack of flavored gelatin powder in separate bowls with 1 cup of boiling water (or simply follow the package instructions).
- Add 1 cup tap water to each flavored gelatin then stir.
- Pour on each flavor into separate containers to chill.
- Chill the flavored gelatin overnight to set.
- Once set, cut them into small squares then combine all the colored Gelatin in a large bowl.
- Toss together all the cubes and chill until the base gelatin is ready.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice and sugar until thickened.
- In another bowl, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in 1⁄2 cup water.
- Add this into the egg yolk mixture while continuously whisking.
- Pour into a sauce pan and cook over low heat.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Set aside.
- Beat the whipped cream.
- Pour the gelatin and egg mixture into the whipping cream and continue beating while it’s still hot.
- Cool before using.
- Pour enough of the base gelatin to barely cover the bottom of the glass dish.
- Drop the flavored gelatin cubes on top of the first layer of base gelatin in the glass dish.
- Now pour the base gelatin in the dish to cover the flavored gelatin.
- Place this in the refrigerator to chill and set the gelatin.
- To serve invert the Cathedral windows mold onto a serving plate.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy.
Tip: For best result, use Ferna brand flavored gelatin.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter