This is Corned Beef Guisado. Corned Beef Guisado is a quick and easy canned corned beef recipe mixed with very few ingredients. In my version of Corned Beef Guisado, I have added green onions or scallions. Some people add green peas, but these are optional. You can make this recipe as simple as you want it to be. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 12 ounce can of corned beef
- 1 medium-sized potato, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped into onion rings
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed then peeled
- 1⁄2 cup of green onions (scallions), optional
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add the cooking oil to the pan.
- Add the garlic to the pan then saute briefly.
- Then add half of the onion rings and continue to saute.
- Cook until this becomes fragrant.
- Add the corned beef and let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and beef stock or broth.
- Bring to a simmer then let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Mix in the green onions then let it continue to simmer for about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with the remaining onion rings.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter