This is Curry Fried Rice. Curry Fried Rice is a quick and easy recipe. This is not your typical kind of fried rice because this recipe is made with added ingredients such as curry powder, and raisins. It’s the perfect way to use up leftover rice. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked and cooled, 1 or 2 days old
- 1 chicken breast, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined and chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 small carrot, chopped (about 1⁄4 cup)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (Vietnamese or Japanese made curry powder)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- Heat 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Pour the egg into the wok then cook and scramble until they are done.
- Transfer the egg to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat the rest of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions until they become translucent.
- Add the curry powder to the pan and fry until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Increase the quantity of curry powder according to your taste buds.
- Add garlic, then chicken and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink
- Add the carrots and peas then stir-fry until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Now add the cold rice.
- Gently stir-fry to combine over medium-high to high heat until rice is hot and well blended.
- Sprinkle pepper and soy sauce evenly over top and lightly toss.
- Remove wok from heat.
- Add chopped green onions, raisins and scrambled egg into the rice and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter