These are Fish Balls. Fish balls are a common street food in the Philippines. They are well-seasoned balls of ground fish and spring onions. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 2 cups of fish, flaked
- evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of green onion, finely chopped
- cooking oil
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine the flaked fish, milk and flour.
- Add the green onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate this mixture until it becomes firm and sticky.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and form it into a small ball.
- Continue until all the mixture as been made into balls.
- Bring some water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Drop the a few of balls into the water as it boils and cook them for for a minute or two.
- Remove the balls from the water then saute them in a bit of cooking oil over medium-high heat until they are golden brown.
- Repeat the process until all the fish balls have been cooked.
- Serve the fish balls with sweet and sour sauce or your favorite combination of soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.