This is Kutsinta (Brown Rice Cake). Kutsinta is one of the popular Filipino rice cake snacks. It’s topped with freshly grated coconut and it is typically eaten as a mid-day snack in the Philippines. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1⁄2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cup of rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon of lye water
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of annato liquid or atsuete powder dissolved in a little bit of hot water
- fresh grated coconut
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, rice flour and brown sugar.
- Mix that together.
- Then add the water.
- Continue to mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Now add the lye water and annato liquid food coloring.
- Continue mixing until it is well blended.
- Place the mixture into individual molds.
- Steam for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the batter comes out clean.
- Let these cool before removing them from the molds.
- Top each kutsinta with grated coconut.
Tips: You should lightly oil the molds before adding the batter so the Kutsinta can easily be removed after they are done cooking.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter