This is Macaroni Salad. This is the type of dessert that is normally served during holidays in the Philippines. This particular version macaroni salad does not contain chicken, which is frequently included. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup of red sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained, and cut in half if desired
- 1⁄2 cup of green sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained, and cut in half if desired
- 1⁄2 cup of pineapple tidbits, drain completely
- 1⁄2 cup of raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cup of cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup of condensed milk
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, drain it then quickly rinse with cold water.
- Set that aside and let the cooked pasta cool completely.
- Transfer the macaroni to a container.
- Add the mayonnaise, and mix well.
- Add in the red and green sugar palm fruit.
- Add the cheddar cheese, pineapple tidbits and raisins.
- Stir this altogether to distribute evenly.
- Now, add the condensed milk and mix again.
- Chill before serving.
Tip: Adjust the amount of condensed milk according to your taste.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter