This is Maja Blanca. This is a Filipino dessert made primarily from coconut milk. It’s one of the favorite desserts for Filipinos. Maja Blanca is also known as coconut pudding. It is usually served during special occasions. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1 can or 14 ounces of condensed milk
- 1 can or 15 ounces of cream style sweet corn
- 3⁄4 cup of fresh milk
- 3⁄4 cup of cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup of sugar
- 1⁄4 cup of grated coconut, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup of crushed peanuts (optional)
- Pour the coconut milk into a large cooking pot and bring to a boil of medium heat.
- Add the sugar and the condensed milk, then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- In a bowl, combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is completely diluted, leaving no lumps.
- Pour the milk and cornstarch mixture into the pot along with the corn kernels then stir.
- Reduce the heat to low then begin to continuously stir so the bottom will not burn.
- Continue stirring until you reach a firm pudding consistency or until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
- Turn off the heat and pour mixture into a glass baking dish or serving tray then flatten the top using a spatula.
- Let this cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the dish from the refrigerator.
- Spread toasted coconut and crushed nuts on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tips: You can use the crushed peanuts as a topping along with the toasted grated coconut or mix the peanuts with the maja blanca mixture while cooking. You can also serve this dessert cold or room temperature.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter