This is Pancit Molo. Pancit Molo is one of the favorite soups of Filipinos. In this version the noodles are omitted. So it’s really more of a dumpling soup than a noodle soup with dumplings. The molo is a dumpling that is cooked in the broth of the soup. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 pound of shrimp, minced
- 1 cup of turnips, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- wonton wrappers
- 1 breast chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 pounds of chicken bones
- 1⁄2 pound of shrimp, scaled and finely chop
- 3 slices of ham
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 gallon of chicken broth
- salt to taste
- black peppercorns, crushed
- spring onions, finely chopped
- fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- garlic, finely chopped and fried for garnish
- Combine all the the dumpling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Put a teaspoon of the mixture in each dumpling wrapper and seal the dumpling.
- Set the prepared dumplings aside.
- Bring the chicken bones and chicken breast to boil in a pot of water.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked through remove it from the broth to cool.
- Continue to boil the chicken bones.
- When the chicken breast has cooled, shred the breast meat.
- When the chicken bones have fished rendering stock, remove the bones and reserve the stock.
- In the same pot that was previously used saute the garlic and onions then add the shredded chicken meat and fish sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add the ham, ground black peppercorns, and shrimp.
- Simmer this mixture for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and dumplings to the pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minute or until the pork is well done.
- Add salt to taste and MSG (optional).
- Serve the pancit molo while it is hot, sprinkled with spring onions and fried garlic.
Tips: As with most recipes, you can adjust seasonings, ingredients, and preparation methods to suit your tastes to a certain degree. Be creative in the kitchen.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter