These are Potato Wedges. To me potato wedges really are the perfect side dish for barbeque or hamburgers. They are similar to french fries but the wedges are just a different cut of the potato. They are often left unpeeled too which preserves the nutritional value of potato skin. And since it is baked, rather than deep fried like french fires, the fat content is lower for this dish. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking oil (such as vegetable or olive oil).
- Scrub outside of the potatoes with water.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedge pieces.
- Lay the potato wedges on their side in the greased baking sheet.
- Combine the melted butter or margarine and the garlic in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl bowl combine the grated parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Brush potato wedges with half of the butter mixture and sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture.
- Put the baking sheet in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven then turn the wedges over and brush them with the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle them with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are crisp on the outside while still tender on the inside.
Tips: To prevent the potatoes from discoloring after you cut them, place them in a bowl of cold water. This way you won’t be rushed to prepare everything else for the recipe after you cut the potatoes. Also if you have a taste for spicy food use chili powder instead of paprika.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter