This is Puto with Cheese. Puto is a rice cake that is typically round in shape, white, and soft. It is usually served at breakfast or as a snack and is often prepared for festive occasions such as Christmas and New Years. A variety of toppings are common for these rice cake. Some of the most frequently used toppings are cheese, grated coconut, and dried fruits. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 5 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cup of sugar
- 8 tablespoons of baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of no-fat milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 4 cup of water
- cheese, grated or sliced for topping
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and milk powder together.
- Stir this mixture well.
- Add the melted butter and water.
- Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour into greased muffin cups or individual molds filling each about three-quarters full.
- Top each with the grated or sliced cheese.
- Place all the cups or mold, or as many that will fit, in a steamer.
- Steam for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Tips: These go best with any variety of Blood Stew or other thick soups or stews. They also work great as dessert eaten alone.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter