This is Sinigang Na Baboy (Pork in Sour Soup). Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it’s base flavor. It can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp and vegetables.Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 pounds of pork belly, cubed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces of radish, sliced
- 1 eggplant, ends trimmed and sliced to 1⁄2-inch thick rounds
- 5 to 6 pieces okra, ends trimmed
- 1 bundle of string beans, cut into 2 inch length
- 2 pieces of banana pepper (or green chili pepper)
- 1 bundle of water spinach, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 1 pack (40 grams) sinigang mix (tamarind powder)
- 10 cups of ricewash or water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Rinse the pork belly with water.
- Add 10 cups of water and the pork belly to a large pot.
- Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, ginger and tomatoes to the pot then bring it to a simmer.
- Cook for about 2 hours or until meat is tender, adding more water as necessary.
- Add the sinigang mix or tamarind powder.
- Then add the pepper and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Add the string beans, radish, eggplant and okra then simmer for about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Add the water spinach then turn off the heating element.
- The spinach will cook from the remaining heat in the pot.
- Carefully transfer this to a larger bowl then serve it with steamed rice.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter