This is Sinigang Na Hipon (Shrimp in Sour Soup). Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it’s base flavor. It can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp and vegetables. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pound of fresh shrimp, heads and shells on
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces of radish, sliced
- 1 bundle of string beans
- 2 pieces of banana pepper (or green chili pepper)
- 1 bundle of water spinach, cut into 3 inch lengths
- 1 pack sinigang mix (or about 1.4 ounce tamarind powder)
- 7 cups of ricewash or water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot then bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, ginger, radish and tomatoes to the pot then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the sinigang mix or tamarind powder.
- Then add the pepper and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and string beans then simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Add the water spinach then turn off the heating element.
- Allow this to cook for two more minutes before serving.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter