This is Sisig Taco. Sisig is said to have been invented in Angeles City, Phils. Pork Sisig is a mainstay for contemporary Filipino “Pulutan”, a hot snack that is often served with beer. You can eat sisig alone, with rice or in this recipe, with flour tortillas. I think sisig is great with everything. Try this one and let us know what you think. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 pounds of pig’s ears
- 1/4 pound of pork belly
- 1/4 pound of chicken liver
- 10 (6-inch) pieces of flour tortillas
- 1 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chili pepper
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 big piece of lemon or 4 to 5 pieces of kalamansi
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 34 ounces of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Put the pig’s ears and pork belly in pot full of water over high heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Grill the boiled pig’s ears and pork belly until they are well done.
- Thinly slice the pig’s ears and pork belly into cubes.
- In a pan over medium-high heat melt the butter then add the red onions.
- Cook the onions until they become translucent.
- Add the ginger and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken liver and cook until it’s well done.
- Smash the chicken liver as it cooks in the pan.
- Add the chopped pig ears and pork belly then cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and chili then mix well.
- Add the lemon or kalamansi to the sisig and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot on warmed tortillas, top with cilantro or other vegetable toppings of your choice.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter