This is Spinach & Mushroom Omelette with Hollandaise Sauce. Spinach & Mushroom Omelette is a healthy breakfast and favorite to those who love spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes. This omelette is then topped with rich home-made hollandaise sauce. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 eggs (or egg whites from the hollandaise sauce)
- 1 cup of baby spinach, cleaned
- 5 pieces of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup of swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed then diced
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Fill a saucepan a little less than halfway with water then place it over over medium heat.
- Bring the water to a simmer then once it’s simmering, reduce the heat to low.
- Combine 1 teaspon of water and the sugar with the egg yolks in a medium-size metal mixing bowl.
- Vigorously stir the mixture with a whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mixture has a lighter color and more airy texture.
- Place the bowl on top of the saucepan, over the simmering water, but be sure that the mixing bowl is not touching the simmering water.
- Continue to stir the mixure with the whisk while it sits over the simmering water.
- While stirring the mixture, slowly pour the melted butter into mixture.
- Continue stir the mixture over the sauce begins to thicken, which usually takes between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, remove the mixing bowl from over the saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to the sauce and mix with the whisk for about 30 seconds until it is well blended.
- Cover the mixing bowl and set the sauce aside until your omelette is prepared.
- Before using the sauce, reheat it briefly over the simmering water while stirring again.
- Break 2 eggs into medium-sized mixing bowl or add the egg whites to the mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs then beat the eggs with a whisk for about 30 seconds or until the eggs are well blended.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the mushroom.
- Saute the mushrooms for about 2 minutes or until they begin to become tender.
- Next add the spinach to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes as it cooks.
- Transfer this mixture to a plate and set it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, but do not stir them.
- Shake the pan back and forth a little bit to get the egg to spread out into a circular shape, if needed.
- When the eggs are halfway cooked, add the mushrooms, cheese and spinach on top of half the egg.
- Fold the other half of the egg over on top of the spinach and mushroom using a spatula.
- Let this cook for about 1 minute.
- Then carefully flip the omelette over by turning it over the folded edge.
- Let it cook for another minute.
- Gently slide the omelet onto a serving plate.
- Pour the prepared hollandaise sauce on top of the omelette.
- Top this with the chopped tomatoes and the leftover mushrooms and spinach if you have some left.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tips: Another way of preparing the spinach before you add it to the omelette is to blanch it. Also before you add the egg to the pan to prepare the omelette, make sure you clean the pan if you use the same pan that you prepared the mushrooms and spinach with.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter