This is Banana Cue. Banana Cue is one of the most well known Filipino snack foods. And it’s simple and easy to make. It takes only 3 ingredients so it is also affordable. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 6 plantain bananas, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 bamboo skewers
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot carefully add the bananas to the pan one at a time.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until they start to turn slightly brown.
- Add the sugar and let it stand without stirring.
- Wait until the sugar starts to caramelize.
- When it does, stir the bananas so it is coated with caramelized sugar.
- Continue frying, stirring several times to have the bananas fully coated with the caramelized sugar.
- Turn the heat off once the bananas are cooked through.
- Drain excess oil in banana leaves or waxed paper.
- Skewer bananas in a bamboo stick while they slightly cool down.
- Serve hot and enjoy!