This is Chicken Liver Adobo with Hard Boiled Egg. Chicken Liver Adobo is another version of Adobo that is made with chicken liver and added with hard boiled eggs. This is very simple to make just like any other Adobo. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 pound of chicken liver
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional
- 1⁄3 cup of soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup of vinegar
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns
- 2 pieces of bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3-4 eggs, hard boiled with shells removed
- Rinse the chicken liver with clean water.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat then add the cooking oil.
- Add garlic to pan and fry it until it is slightly browned.
- Then add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Now add the bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken liver and simmer over medium heat until the liquid has reduced.
- Add the whole peppercorns, bay leaf, sugar and vinegar, but do not stir.
- Once this starts to boil, stir then add water according to your taste.
- Continue simmering until the sauce is reduced.
- Add the hard boiled eggs.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
Adjust the measurements of soy sauce and vinegar according to your taste.