- 1/2 pound of seaweed, rinsed
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 medium sized red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 small knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- Combine the vinegar, ginger, onion, salt, pepper and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Stir this mixture until it is well blended.
- Let this sit and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Now add the seaweed and tomato to the mixing bowl.
- Stir again until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Now let this sit for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer this to a serving dish.
- Serve this chilled or at room temperature.
You can put the liquid mixture in the refrigerator to chill each time you set it aside to marinate if you would like to serve this cold. A great idea for a hot day! Also if you find the ginger to be too over powering for the dish, simply omit it.