This is Garlic Fried Rice . Garlic Fried Rice or Sinangag is cooked left over rice fried with lots of garlic. Normally eaten during breakfast and is best paired with fried salted fish (tuyo), tinapa, dilis, salted eggs and lots of chopped or sliced tomatoes, red onion and not to forget a cup of hot chocolate for a perfect meal. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 4 tablespoons of garlic, peeled then minced
- 6 cups of cooked left over rice
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- In a large wok, add oil and sauté garlic on medium to high heat.
- Cook until color turns brown and texture is crispy.
- Add the rice.
- Mix the rice well with the garlic while frying.
- Season with salt.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes with constant stirring.
- Serve with your favorite main dish.
Make sure not to burn the garic while sauteing because burnt garlic will ruin the taste of your fried rice. You can mix in a little bit of butter or margarine while cooking the rice so it’s easier to break it down. Don’t add too much because it will make the rice too oily.