Ginataang Bilo-Bilo. Ginataang Bilo-Bilo is an old-time favorite of Filipinos. Typically made with glutinous rice balls, tapioca pearls, sweet potatoes, purple yam, tropical fruits and coconut milk. This is a delicious and filling snack specially if you love anything with coconut milk in it. Ginataang Bilo-Bilo is also perfect during rainy days. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 cup of taro root (gabi), diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups of sweet potatoes (kamote), diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups of purple yam (ube), diced
- 1 cup of plantains (saging na saba), sliced
- 1 cup of ripe jackfruit (langka), sliced
- 2 cups of cooked tapioca pearls (sago)
- 20 pieces of glutinous rice balls (bilo-bilo).
- 1⁄2 cup of white sugar
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot then bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Then bring it to a boil again.
- Now add the sweet potatoes, purple yam, and taro root.
- Cover this and let it boil for 7 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Pour in the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and glutinous rice balls.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Now add the plantains, then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Then add the jackfruit, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked tapioca pearls then stir once more.
- Simmer for about 1 minute then turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
You can also get cooked tapioca pearls in a bottle from your local asian stores. You may adjust the measurement of sugar. Add more if you want it sweeter.