- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 medium-sized carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce to taste (optional)
- salt to taste
- In large pan saute the ground beef until it is browned, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Place a collender over a bowl then put the ground beef into the collender to drain off the excess oil.
- In the same large pan saute the garlic in olive oil until it turns golden brown.
- Return the ground beef to the pan and stir the ingredients together breifly.
- Cover this and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and mix it together then let this cook until the onions are partially cooked.
- Next add the ground black pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce, potatoes, and tomatoes then mix this all together.
- Cover the mixture and simmer over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper or fish sauce to suite your taste.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for a couple more minutes then remove it from the heating element.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
A nice added touch is to make the bell pepper bowl rather than using the bell pepper in the cooking. Take a knife and cut around the top of the bell pepper in a saw tooth pattern. Remove all the seeds and rinse. Put the cooked giniling into the bell peppers then place them on a plate along with white or fried rice.