This is Hawaiian Pizza Bread. It brings back memories of when we used to make this as kids. This is an alternative way of enjoying your favorite pizza without the hassle of using dough. You don’t need many ingredients and you can use a variety of different kinds of bread and cheese. You can prepare it on short notice if you have all the ingredients ready to go too. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 loaf of sweet Italian or French baguette or any bread of your choice
- pizza sauce, tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- ham loaf, sliced to fit into your choice of bread
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits
- shredded blend of mozzarella, cheddar, or provolone cheese
- sugar to taste
- hot sauce or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine the pizza sauce and sugar.
- Make enough sauce for the size of your bread and enough sugar to suit your taste.
- Now slice the bread in half, length-wise.
- Spread the sauce into each of the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add the chopped ham on top of the cheese.
- Top with as much or as little of the pineapple tidbits as you want.
- Sprinkle some more shredded cheese on top for an extra cheesy pizza bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the bread is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce or sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
You can use other cheeses too if you like. Moneterey Jack and Colby cheese are good additions or substitutes.