- 1 package of canton noodles
- 1 small can of corned beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 of a small onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled then minced
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of water
- cooking oil
- Start by adding a little cooking oil to a medium sized pan over medium high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and onion to the pan.
- Stir and let this cook for about a minute or until the garlic starts to brown.
- Now add the corned beef and water to the pan.
- Stir and press the corned beef down into the pan until it is blended with the water.
- Bring this to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover while it simmers.
- Add a little more water as needed if it starts to get dry.
- Let this simmer for about 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Now in a small pot, bring some water to boil.
- Cook the pancit canton according to the package instructions.
- Set the finished canton noodles aside.
- Now in another small pan, add a little cooking oil over medium high heat.
- Crack the egg into the pan, being careful not to break the yoke.
- Dust the egg with the a little black pepper then cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the egg sit and cook until the egg whites are well done but the yoke is still uncooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the lid.
- Now put the pancit canton noodles down first on a serving dish.
- Then you put the corned beef on top of the pancit canton.
- Add the egg on top of the pile.
- Garnish with sliced spring onions.
- Serve while its still hot.
If you have enough pans and cooking space, it’s a good idea to cook everything at once so its all nice and hot when you bring it together. Also, feel free to add some diced potatoes, carrots or other vegetables while cooking the corned beef. It adds more texture and flavor. Just be cautious with your salt. The corned beef and canton noodles probably already have a high salt content.