This is Pancit Molo. Pancit Molo is one of the favorite soups of Filipinos. In this version the noodles are omitted. So it’s really more of a dumpling soup than a noodle soup with dumplings. The molo is a dumpling that is cooked in the broth of the soup. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 pound of shrimp, minced
- 1 cup of turnips, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- wonton wrappers
- 1 breast chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 pounds of chicken bones
- 1⁄2 pound of shrimp, scaled and finely chop
- 3 slices of ham
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 gallon of chicken broth
- salt to taste
- black peppercorns, crushed
- spring onions, finely chopped
- fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- garlic, finely chopped and fried for garnish
- Combine all the the dumpling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Put a teaspoon of the mixture in each dumpling wrapper and seal the dumpling.
- Set the prepared dumplings aside.
- Bring the chicken bones and chicken breast to boil in a pot of water.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked through remove it from the broth to cool.
- Continue to boil the chicken bones.
- When the chicken breast has cooled, shred the breast meat.
- When the chicken bones have fished rendering stock, remove the bones and reserve the stock.
- In the same pot that was previously used saute the garlic and onions then add the shredded chicken meat and fish sauce.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add the ham, ground black peppercorns, and shrimp.
- Simmer this mixture for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and dumplings to the pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minute or until the pork is well done.
- Add salt to taste and MSG (optional).
- Serve the pancit molo while it is hot, sprinkled with spring onions and fried garlic.
As with most recipes, you can adjust seasonings, ingredients, and preparation methods to suit your tastes to a certain degree. Be creative in the kitchen.