- 1 can of coconut milk (14 ounces, full fat)
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (smooth)
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, grated for zest
- 1 mandarin orange, grated for zest
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process the mixture for a couple minutes on the high setting.
- Once the consistency of the sauce is smooth with no lumps, it is done.
- Store the sauce for later use or use it immediately in whatever you have prepared.
The only thing you really have to worry about with this sauce is over heating. There is a lot of oil and cream involved here. So just keep that in mind when you go to heat it up. Try a low or indirect heat with it at first. Or if you are using it specifically for something like a stir fry, just add it to the pan at the end and give it a few quick tosses to warm the sauce up just enough.