This is Pork Barbeque. Pork Barbeque are marinated slices of pork and is a very popular street food in the Philippines. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 6 pounds pork, thinly sliced
- 2 liters of lemon lime soda
- 2 cups of garlic, crushed then peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups of soy sauce
- 2 cups of oyster sauce
- 5-6 cups of brown sugar
- 2 cups of banana ketchup
- 4 cups of vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup of sesame oil
- bamboo skewers
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the skewers.
- Mix the ingredients together using your hands until it is well blended.
- Cover and let the pork marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling to help keep them moist during cooking and prevent them from catching fire or burning.
- Skewer the pork end-to-end on the skewers until it is full.
- Repeat with more skewers until all the pork has been used skewered.
- Grill the pork over hot coals while turning and basting often.
- Use the leftover marinade as the basting sauce while grilling the pork.
- Remove the pork from the grill when both sides are well done.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and steamed rice.
You may add about 2 tablespoons of ketchup, oyster sauce, and cooking oil to your basting sauce if needed. Allow adequate time for the marinade to cook on the pork before pulling them off the grill. If you want a spicy barbeque, you can add minced chilli peppers into the mixture. If you don’t want to go through all the trouble of soaking a bamboo skewer in water and afraid it may still catch fire, you may use metal skewers instead.