Avocado toast is one of the easiest meals to quickly whip up at home. It is a healthy option too than fast food breakfast as it contains a huge number of useful nutrients and antioxidants. As long as you stick to this simple, low calorie ingredients, then you should be good. Keep in mind, whatever you add to it, is an added calories. I like this option better than butter because an ounce of avocado provides just 45 calories compared to over 204 calories per ounce of unsalted butter.
- 1 avocado, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs, fried sunny side up
- 2 slices of whole grain wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast 2 slices of whole grain bread in a toaster until golden brown and crispy.
- Set the toast aside for later.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado using a fork.
- Add in the cilantro, lime, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread half of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
- Top with fried egg and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Red pepper flakes are optional. Mainly to add flavor and coloring. Eggs can be done however you want. You can make poached eggs, boiled eggs or fried eggs.