This is Binagoongang Talong. Binagoongang Talong is a vegetable dish cooked in shrimp paste. This particular dish is normally made with pork but we are using eggplant this time. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1 large eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons of bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- sugar to taste
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- When the oil gets hot add 1 tablespoon of garlic followed by the onions then saute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until this all becomes tender.
- Add the slices of eggplant and 1⁄2 cup of water.
- Simmer this for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar according to your taste.
- Add a little more water if needed to adjust the flavor.
- Add the bagoong and cook for another 5 minutes or until the eggplant is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove this from the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.