This is Chewy Chocolate Walnut Brownies. Brownies are America’s favorite bar cookie, baked square or bar. They are common lunchbox fare and often accompanied by milk or coffee. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 1⁄4 cup of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup of dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup of cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cup of caster sugar
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt then sift. Set aside
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, stirring frequently over low heat.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and continue to stir for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and mix remaining sugar together.
- Once combined pour into the bowl of chocolate mixture gradually stirring with a spatula.
- Once the eggs and chocolate mixture are well combined, gradually fold in dry ingredients.
- Spread walnuts on top.
- Pour the mixture into a non-grease baking pan.
- Bake for 28-35 mins in a preheated 180 C.
- Transfer on a rack, let cool then cut into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy.