This is Chimichurri Sauce. This sauce is perfect paired with a nice, juicy grilled steak. You won’t want to look at a plain steak anymore. I decided to make my own homemade chimichurri after going to several restaurants and ordering the same dish, grilled skirt steak with a chimichurri sauce. Since my hubby is good at grilling, I thought I should give this homemade chimichurri sauce a try. And the end result? It was restaurant style chimichurri sauce! It was so good. I will definitely be making this again next time we grill. Adding chimichurri sauce makes anything, grilled or fried so much better and appetizing. It even works great on salads. If serving for no more than 3 people, you can cut the ingredients into half. Or you can save the leftover in the fridge. This sauce is also fairly healthy, with only 54 calories per tablespoon. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at .
- 1/2 cup of parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves and stems
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of grape seed or other neutral oil
- 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Place the parsley, cilantro, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and vinegar into a small food processor or blender.
- Pulse the food processor or blender a few times to coarsely chop the ingredients.
- Next turn the food processor or blender on low.
- With the machine still running (if possible), slowly pour the grape seed oil into the mixture.
- Continue processing until the ingredients are finely minced and combined with the oil.
- Now pour the olive oil into the mixture.
- Pour or squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture to add a hint of citrus flavor.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Turn the blender on high for a minute or two to finish the sauce.
- Pour the contents of the blender or food processor into a serving dish.
- Serve chilled or fresh.
Definitely try this on a salad too. I cannot recommend that enough. If you have any leftover, store in an air-tight container and place in the fridge. Note that we included this sauce in the vegetarian and vegan categories, because the sauce itself is technically vegan. It just goes really well with a good steak.