This is Cucumber Tomato Salad. This is a simple and refreshing side dish that’s quick and easy to make. The cool and tangy flavors are a perfect match for any main dish that’s been fried or grilled. I even like to eat it by itself sometimes. If you love zesty flavors paired with crisp cucumber, onion and tomato, then this would be the perfect dish to try today. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise with seeds removed then cut in cubes
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup of red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill or dried oregano
- sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Put this in the refrigerator.
- Serve this dish chilled.
If you don't have any dried dill on hand, you can substitute that with dried oregano. You can also use other tomatoes in place of the cherry tomatoes. Just be sure to remove the seeds and cut them into cubes so that the pieces of the tomato are roughly the same size as the cubed cucumber.