This is Kinalabasang Hipon Recipe. Kinalabasang Hipon is a soupy dish made up of squash with some leafy vegetables and shrimp. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 1 pound of medium-sized shrimps
- 1⁄4 medium size squash, peeled with seeds removed, sliced
- 1 packet baby spinach
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small size onion, chopped
- 1 small size tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- In a sauce pan saute garlic, onion and tomato and stir in the shrimp.
- Add the fish sauce and cook for approximately one minute while continuously stirring.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water (depending on your preference) and the sliced squash.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the squash becomes soft.
- Add the spinach and continue to simmer for 1 more minute or until the spinach has softened slightly.
- Add salt to taste. (optional)
- Serve hot.