This is Shrimp Fried Rice. Classic shrimp fried rice with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, and carrots. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups of cooked rice, chilled
- 1⁄2 pound of medium-sized shrimp, uncooked with shells and head intact
- 1 cup of peas
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Pour the egg into the wok then cook and scramble until their done.
- Transfer the egg to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry them until they turn pink on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the wok and set aside
- Now add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the wok along with the chopped onions.
- Saute the onions until they become translucent.
- Then add the rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Stir-fry until rice is hot and well blended.
- Add the carrots and peas then stir-fry until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Return the shrimp and egg to the pan.
- Add the green onions and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
Refrigerate rice within one hour of cooking. Keep leftover rice for no longer than 24 hours.