This is Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole. Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole is a delicious mashed sweet potato casserole with a crunchy pecan topping and is usually served during Thanksgiving. Enjoy this recipe from all of us at Filipino Chow.
- 3 cups of sweet potato, mashed
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup of milk
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup of flour
- 1⁄3 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, 1 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1⁄2 cup of melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix these ingredients together thoroughly until they are well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish that has been buttered.
- In another mixing bowl combine the 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar, flour, 1⁄3 cup of melted butter, and chopped pecans.
- Blend this mixture together until the chopped pecans are coated with the rest of the topping ingredients.
- Now sprinkle the topping mixture evenly on top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pecan crust has turned a slightly darker shade of brown.