- 1 pound of grilled pork belly, cut into cubes
- 1 pound of fresh tuna meat, cut into cubes
- 2 pieces of cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6-8 pieces of red radish, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, minced
- 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cup of vinegar.
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the onion and ginger together in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add 1 cup of vinegar to the mixing bowl.
- Next add the lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper into the bowl.
- Stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Let this sit and marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the tuna in a colander.
- Slowly pour 1⁄2 cup of the vinegar over the meat while tossing it for no more than 30 seconds.
- Now add the cucumber, radish, and chili to the mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients thoroughly to mix them together.
- Add the the tuna and grilled pork belly to the mixing bowl, then mix it thoroughly again.
- Serve immediately.
Tips: If you are sensitive to spicy food, omit the chili and black pepper. Also, there is an important reason for rinsing the tuna only briefly with vinegar and serving it immediately after its prepared. If you let the tuna sit in the vinegar for too long, the high acidity will start to break down the tissues in the meat. The tuna will begin to turn white as though its been exposed to heat. The taste and texture of the tuna changes at this point, making it less palatable. So eat up while it’s fresh and ready.