This is Afritadang Manok (Braised Chicken in Tomato Sauce). Chicken Afritada is a Spanish inspired dish typically served for lunch or dinner with steamed white rice. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 pounds of chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces of hotdog, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of chicken stock or water
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of green peas
- 2-3 pieces of bay leaf
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head of garlic, peeled then minced
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of cooking oil
- In a wok, heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken then pan fry it until the edges are slightly browned and no more blood is coming out of chicken.
- Remove the chicken then set it aside and drain the remaining oil from the wok.
- In the same wok over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil then saute the garlic followed by onions.
- Add the hotdogs and chicken to the wok.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and chicken stock then add the bay leaf.
- Let this begin to simmer.
- Add the carrots then let this boil for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender but not overcooked.
- Then add the potatoes and continue to boil for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Now add the green peas, sugar, green and red bell peppers and simmer for an additional 2-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter