This is Beef Caldereta. Beef Caldereta is one of the Filipino recipes usually served in Fiesta and other special occasions. Variations of this dish is with beef, chicken and or pork. Beef Caldereta is a common dish in the Philippines made with stewing cuts of beef simmered until tender. Caldereta is originally a goat stew made with potatoes, tomato sauce, liver spread, spices, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 3 pounds of beef, cubed
- 1 potato, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-5 large pieces of bay leaf
- 1 can of liver spread
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 15 green olives
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup of soy sauce
- In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce and ground black pepper for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove the fried carrots and potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated beef.
- Continue sauteing until all liquid has evaporated and meat starts to render fat.
- Add enough water to cover the beef.
- Boil until beef becomes tender.
- Add tomato sauce and liver spread and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add liver spread, bell pepper, pieces of bay leaf, green olives, potato, and carrots and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter