Biko with Latik (Rice Cake with Caramel Topping). Biko is a popular Filipino rice cake made from sticky rice and is usually topped with latik. It is often served during parties and holidays. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 cups of glutinous rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 3⁄4 cups of brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 can of coconut milk for latik topping (optional)
- In a pot bring glutinous rice and water to a boil.
- Cook this until the rice is done and almost dry then remove from heat and set that aside.
- In another pot combine 2 1⁄2 cups of coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Bring this to a boil.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Cook over low heat for about about 30-40 minutes while stirring constantly until the rice mixture is almost dry and sticky.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving tray.
For the Topping:
- Heat 1 cup of coconut milk in a pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Keep stirring for about 15-20 minutes until the milk turn into oil and leave a solid residue.
- Remove from heat and spread the latik on top of the Biko.
- Serve warm.