This is Cornsilog (Corned Beef with Garlic Rice and Fried Egg). Cornsilog is a short term for Corned beef, sinangag (fried rice) and pritong itlog (fried egg). This is one of the popular silog breakfast combination in the Philippines and is usually served with a side dish of fresh tomatoes or cucumber. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 cups of chilled white rice
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 can (150 grams) of corned beef
- 1 small-sized onion, cut into rings
- 1 egg, cooked sunny side up
- salt and freshly ground pepper for corned beef
Corned beef :
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil then saute 1 tablespoon of garlic followed by half of onion rings.
- Add corned beef and stir cook for 5-10 minutes or until done.
- Add salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat off.
- Garnish with leftover onion rings.
Garlic Fried Rice:
- Heat a clean frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil followed by 2 tablespoons of garlic.
- Cook until garlic turns golden brown in color.
- Add the rice to the pan then press it down into the oil and garlic.
- Stir and mix the rice constantly to avoid scorching.
- Cook the rice for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is hot and well blended.
- Add salt to taste then continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic fried rice into a plate along with your cooked corned beef and fried egg.
- Prepare some freshly sliced tomatoes as a side dish if you want.
Tips: You can mix in a little bit of butter or margarine while cooking the rice so it’s easier to break it down. Don’t add too much because it will make the rice too oily.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter