This is Eggless Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert enjoyed by many people, not just Filipinos. In this version of the flan we omit the egg yolk for lesser calories and cholesterol-free dessert. It is still just as delicious as the original and you can enjoy it guilt-free. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored white or yellow gelatine powder
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 4 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Using an aluminum molder, boil sugar & water in a medium heat until the sugar is caramelized.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread the caramel mixture evenly on the bottom of the molder.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve the gelatine powder in hot water.
- Set aside.
- Over medium heat, pour condensed milk and evaporated milk in a pot.
- Add vanilla to the pot while stirring constantly.
- Pour the gelatine mixture and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and turn the heat off.
- Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel.
- Refrigerate until it is firm before serving.
Tips: You can run a knife in the edges of the molder so it’s easier to remove and invert the flan.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter