- 1/2 pound of seaweed, rinsed
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 medium sized red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 small knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- Combine the vinegar, ginger, onion, salt, pepper and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Stir this mixture until it is well blended.
- Let this sit and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Now add the seaweed and tomato to the mixing bowl.
- Stir again until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Now let this sit for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer this to a serving dish.
- Serve this chilled or at room temperature.
Tips: You can put the liquid mixture in the refrigerator to chill each time you set it aside to marinate if you would like to serve this cold. A great idea for a hot day! Also if you find the ginger to be too over powering for the dish, simply omit it.