This is Ginataang Langka (Jackfruit in Coconut Milk). This is a vegetable dish made mainly with Langka (Jackfruit) and few other ingredients. This dish can be cooked without any meat if you are vegetarian. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pound of unripe langka, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 pound of shrimp
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed then peeled
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced then crushed
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of bagoong alamang (shrimp paste), optional
- 2 pieces of green or red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup of water
- salt to taste
- Heat a little cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic until it turns golden brown then add the ginger, followed by onion.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
- Now add the bagoong alamang, chillies and jackfruit.
- Pour in water and continue to stir.
- When the jackfruit is tender, add the shrimp.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Tips: You can substitute the shrimp with blue crabs or fried dilis if you want to try something different.