This is Ginisang Munggo . Ginisang Munggo or Monggo are sauteed mung beans. This is a favorite food among Filipinos. You can use different types of meat with this recipe. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mung beans (Munggo)
- 1⁄2 pound of pork, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt and more to taste
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Combine the dried mung beans, water and 1 teaspoon salt in a pot then bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup while covered until the beans becomes soft (about 35 to 50 minutes).
- While it boils, occasionally skim the froth and beans that accumulate on top of the liquid.
- In another pot, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic followed by onions until they become tender and aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Pour in cooked mung bean mixture, including the liquid it was cooked with.
- Stir this until it is well blended, then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with additional salt to taste if desired.
- Add the spinach then turn off heat and cover pot for about 2 minutes or until spinach are wilted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips: You may add water if desired to help make the meat tender but make sure to also add more time to simmer.