This is Longsilog (Sausage with Garlic Rice and Fried Egg). Longsilog is a short term for longanisa (sausage), sinangag (fried rice) and pritong itlog (fried egg). This is a popular breakfast dish in the Philippines and is usually served with a side dish of fresh tomatoes or cucumber. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 cups of chilled white rice
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 5 pieces of longanisa
- 1 cup of water for cooking longanisa
- 2-3 eggs, cooked sunny side up
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add water and place the longanisa in the pan.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Continue to boil until the water in the pan evaporates while rolling the longanisa occasionally.
- When the water is gone let the longanisa begin to fry in it’s own oil.
- Continue to fry the longanisa for about 5 minutes while constantly rolling the longanisa to cook them evenly.
- When the longanisa is slightly crisp on the outside, it’s done.
Garlic Fried Rice:
- Heat a clean frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the cooking oil followed by the garlic.
- Cook until garlic turns brown in color with a crispy texture.
- Add the rice to the pan then press it down into the oil and garlic.
- Stir and mix the rice constantly to avoid scorching.
- Cook the rice for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is hot and well blended
- Add salt to taste then continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic fried rice into a plate along with your cooked fried eggs and longanisa.
- Prepare some freshly sliced tomatoes as a side dish if you want.
Tips: You can mix in a little bit of butter or margarine while cooking the rice so it’s easier to break it down. Don’t add too much because it will make the rice too oily.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter