This is Shrimp Ceviche. Shrimp Ceviche is shrimp marinated in lime juice, chopped, then tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers, and hot peppers for a great appetizer. This shrimp ceviche is a zesty appetizer that’s normally eaten with tortilla chips or as a light meal served on tostadas. This is best served cold and paired with beer. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pound of medium sized shrimp, peeled deveined and precooked
- 1 cups of lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup of cucumber, peeled seeded and diced into 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1 cup of tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of tortilla chips or tostadas
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of lime juice and let that sit for 15 minutes so the shrimp can soak in the lime juice.
- Drain the lime juice from the mixing bowl, leaving the shrimp.
- Cut each piece of shrimp into inch long pieces.
- Combine the shrimp with the remaining lime and lemon juice, cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes, serrano pepper and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Stir and toss the mixture thoroughly until it is well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, any type of hot sauce and lime wedges.