Singapore Chow Mei Fun. Singapore chow mei fun is a western influenced Asian food that is made with Chinese rice noodles and tossed with a variety of meat, seafood and/or vegetables that are stir fried in a pan with curry powder, sauce and spices. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 1 pound of fine, dried rice vermicelli
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pound of small shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1⁄4 pound of raw lean beef, trimmed and, cut into 1⁄4 inch julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 or 2 chili pepper, seeds removed and finely julienne
- 3 ounces of smoked ham, cut into 1⁄4 inch julienne strips
- 5 bok choy, finely chopped
- 12 whole green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1⁄2 inch lengths
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, cut into 1⁄4 inch julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups of fresh bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the rice vermicelli in cold water for 30 minutes until they are tender but firm.
- When the rice noodles are the right consistency drain the water with a slotted spoon then set it aside.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add 1⁄2 teaspoon of curry powder and sesame oil then whisk together until well blended.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with 1⁄2 tablespoon of cooking oil then pour in egg mixture.
- Pan fry the egg until it is cooked then transfer to a cutting board and cut it into long, thin strips.
- Reheat the pan over medium-high heat with another 1⁄2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and stir fry for about 1 minute then remove the shrimp from the pan and set it aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to the pan then stir fry the beef with about 1 minute then remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil then allow it to get hot to the point that it starts to smoke.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilis, and remainning curry powder then stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the ham and bok choy then stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the bean sprouts, onions, green onions and rice noodles then toss everything together for about 30 seconds until its well mixed.
- Pour in the chicken broth then add the beef and shrimp back to the pan.
- Add the soy sauce and sherry then include the egg strips and salt.
- Toss everything one last time for about 30 seconds until it’s all mixed together then serve hot.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter