This is Spamsilog. Spamsilog is a short term for the combination of Spam, Sinangag (fried rice) and Pritong itlog (fried egg). This is another popular silog breakfast combination enjoyed by many Filipinos. It is commonly served with a side dish of fresh tomatoes or cucumber. Spam is a brand of luncheon meat used in this recipe. You don’t necessarily have to use this particular brand, any brand of luncheon meat will do. Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 cups of left over steamed rice
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can of Spam or other luncheon meat brand
- 1 egg, cooked sunny side up
- cooking oil
- Remove the Spam from the can and cut the spam into 1⁄4 inch thick slices.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat a small amount of cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil gets hot, carefully place the luncheon meat into the pan one piece at a time.
- Fry the luncheon meat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until it turns a light brown color.
- Remove the luncheon meat from the pan then place them on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Garlic Fried Rice
- Next heat a clean frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil followed by 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the rice to the pan and quickly toss and mix with the garlic and oil.
- Break up any remaining clumps of rice with a spatula.
- Stir and mix the rice continuously to avoid scorching.
- Cook the rice for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is hot and well blended.
- Add a little salt to taste then continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic fried rice to a plate along with the cooked luncheon meat and fried egg.
- Prepare some freshly sliced tomatoes as a side dish if you prefer.
Tips: Before frying your luncheon meat, you can also dip it in beaten egg. You can mix in a little bit of butter or margarine while cooking the rice so it’s easier to break it down. Don’t add too much because it will make the rice too oily.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter