This is Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce (Nam Jim Tou Hu Tod). Peanut Dipping Sauce is one of the most popular Asian dipping sauces. It’s a great compliment to any fried appetizers or main dishes. Once you’ve tried this sauce for the first time, you will want some more. It is that good! Enjoy this recipe from us at .
- 2 tablespoons of toasted and crushed peanuts
- 6 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is reduced for about 5 minutes while ocassionally stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before using.
- Serve with your favorite appetizer or fried dishes.
Tips: For people with peanut allergy, you can substitute almond for peanuts. And make sure you use a decent size sauce pan to prevent it from boiling over.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter